Monday, October 18, 2010

My Heart Skipped A Beat

This week I've been complaining about how I'm losing my hair.

I've always been pretty scared about the possibility of going bald one day. I've never been bald and really don't think I'd look very normal. It's also kind of emasculating, y'know? Well yea, I've always been terrified of losing my hair, but it's never seemed like a real possibility. I mean I've always had pretty thin hair, but it didn't seem like it was all going to come out.

Well recently my hair's been getting pretty long. I've wanted to grow it out really long for a while and only decided to go through with it recently. I've had to comb it much more, so as to avoid the dreadlocks that would form with my very curly hair. So recently my hair was felt much thinner than normal and I've noticed that my hair line has apparently moved back quite a bit. You can try and convince me if you want but it doesn't matter; I am going bald.

So yes, recently I've been complaining about it much more. My friends say "Shut up, you're just paranoid, relax.", it doesn't change anything in my mind, but my friends are tired of hearing about it.

So anyways, moral of this whole thing: Today as I was walking to night class I saw a guy that I recognized from one of my prior classes. Not even a dude that I know, just someone who I visually recognized. This isn't out of the ordinary, only so many people on campus and I also have a pretty stupid memory, to the point that if I see you semi-regularly, you're in my mind forever.

But this guy used to have a thick, curly afro. It's been replaced with a bandana over a bald head. It made me think; "Fuck, I'm bitching like it's the end of the world about me "going bald", for him it's just a side-affect of his chemotherapy." Man woe is me. I'm acting like losing my hair is the end of my life, this guy is not only going bald, but also has to deal with a life-threatening illness.

I really try to keep a positive head and look at what I got, but a lot of the times, I don't even notice when I don't.

Tell me this more please, even if I don't listen, it'll sink in eventually.

Life could be way way worse, no matter who you are. PMA.

Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment