Monday, March 7, 2016

Hey Zealousy

See, I already fell off and haven't posted anything since Friday. If I had committed to writing something every day of March, my credibility would crumbled over the weekend, but, due to my incredible foresight, I avoided this problem.

A round of applause for me lowering expectations of myself.

I think it's important for people to remember that jealousy can be a fucking awful thing. I mean it's normal to want things that other people have, but if you let go unchecked, it can turn into a very ugly feeling  and something ghastly. I think I usually do a pretty good of avoiding this, but lately one of my friends has been on a huge tour of the United States with his band, which has been a dream of mine since I started listening to punk music. I find myself seeing pictures posted by him and his bandmates and wishing that I could be doing it instead. Why? He's the one who put the work into it and is the one who deserves it.

I'm pretty good at catching myself before I think anything completely moronic, but it's still kind of there. Rather than thinking "I wish I was doing that" shouldn't I be thinking "I should be working towards that"? That would make more sense. Also, my band is going to put out our second album, one which I am very proud of, soon, so I really shouldn't be bellyaching about all of this.

Maybe this jealously is growing out of the fact that life has been kind of mundane lately. Wake up. Make coffee. Watch an episode of TV. Shower. Decide where to work. Work on editing the thesis. Make dinner. Sleep.

This has been the months of January, February, and now March. I guess this upcoming trip to Vancouver is more needed than I thought because it will mix up what I' doing and where I'm at.

This is all I have for you today. Just a little short guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment